- The police were established to protect the interests of the wealthy, and racialized violence has always been a part of that mission.
- The police cannot be reformed away from their core function.
- The police criminalize dark skin and poverty, channeling millions of people into the prison system, depriving them of voting and employment rights, and thereby preserving privileged access to housing, jobs, land, credit, and education for whites.
- The police militarize and escalate situations that call for social service intervention.
- There are viable existing and potential alternatives to policing for every area in which police engage.
Read the full “Enough Is Enough” report here.